posted by John on .
Could you please check these examples and tell me if the sentences in brakets are possible? Thank you , Writeacher
1)Her boss is going to ask her out for dinner next Saturday.
2) The line is engaged. Would you like to hold? (Not: would you hold?)
3.Our coach told us that the football match had been/was called off because of the snow/ for the snow is possible?
4.He asked us to call on him tomorrow/the following day after school.
5. We were asked to check out (the room (no)/of the room is ok?) by 10 am.
6. Peter helped me to do up the zip.
7. I gave away my old chairs when I moved into a new house. (moved/changed house are mistakes?)
8. The class tests must be handed (gave in ??) in to the teacher by the end of the week.
2. or ... The line is busy. Would you hold?
3. "because of..." but not "for"
5. ... to check out of the room...
6. I don't know what "the zip" is.
7 & 8. The wording in parentheses won't work.