Posted by dw on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:20pm.
the sequence in a story is the order in which events happen.
clue words such as first,next,then,and finally,are often used to signal the sequence in a story. dates and times can also be clues. sometimes,no clue words are used at all.
directons read the passage.
this morning,mama ran into my room. she told me that a bad storm was coming and we had to leave home and go to my aunt's house. then she told me to pack my things. i didn't want to leave,but i did as mama asked. next we walked to the train station. we got on the train. i watched as our house got farther and farther away. it seemed like we were on the train forever. finally we arrived at the station near my aunt's house.
directions circle the statements that best tell the beginning,middle,and end of the story.
1-WE HAD TO LEAVE OUR HOME.
WE WALKED TO THE STATION.
MY AUNT LIVES FAR AWAY.
MY SON CIRCLE FIRST- WE HAD TO LEAVE OUR HOME
2- IT WAS A SHORT TRIP.
A BAD STORM WAS COMING
WE TOOK A TRAIN RIDE.
MY SON CIRCLE LAST- WE TOOK A TRAIN RIDE.
3-I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE.
WE GOT TO A STATION NEAR MY AUNT'S HOUSE.
I PACKED MY THINGS.
MY SON CIRCLE MIDDLE- WE GOT TO A STATION NEAR MY AUNT'S HOUSE.
4- circle clue words in the passage that tell the order of events. then write them.
my son write and circal the clue words-
CHECK MY SON HOMEWORK IS RIGHT OR NOT
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3 grade english ms sue - SEQUENCE OF EVENTS THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS IN A STORY IS...
- early childhood - beginning child story tellers 1 .have story sense and story ...
- Early Childhood Language - 1. Beginning child storytellers: A.have story sense ...
- MATH - A new sequence is formed by adding together the corresponding terms of a ...
- math - in an arithmetic sequence the common difference is equal to 2.the first ...
- Math - A sequence is formed by adding together the corresponding terms of a ...
- English - Write a sequence of events of story welcome to dead house by r.l ...
- Algebra - I am so lost on these problems. Write a geometric sequence that starts...
- Math for Educators - The first difference of a sequence is 8, 12, 16, 20,... The...
- Algebra - True or False 1. – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, … is an arithmetic sequence...