Posted by y912f on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 2:50pm.
I have an education project in which I have to explain my philosophies as a future educator, ex. why/how/who/what/where I will teach, who I will teach, and also use outside sources such as quotes to tie in with my ideas...
I know I can do the project on my own because it is asking for MY future ideas,...but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be citing. I need a different quote for each area. Does anyone have ideas of where I can find articles, or famous sayings, or anything of the sort?
Thanks a lot!
education - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 3:15pm
Here's a good place to start:
education - bobpursley, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 3:32pm
Here are three ideas that have stuck with me for years:
a) To teach, you must love your students, and love your subject.
b) All of us learn by repetition, spaced over time.
c) No child chooses their parents, his race, his religion, his family income, nor his physical and mental capabilities.
education - y912f, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:23pm
education - y912f, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:25pm
I was actually looking for professional education quotations, not sure where to find some...
education - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:28pm
Think of some names of prominent educators in different fields. For example, here are two who have been (still are!) prominent in the field of teaching ESL and bilingual subjects:
Maria Montano Harmon
Then go and google them and find things they've written.
education - y912f, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:39pm
That should help, thank you!
education - bobpursley, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:44pm
actually, I think I am a "professional education" expert. If you don't think of yourself as one, you are in trouble.
Actually, I cheated you on one of those. Here it is in full:
Know your students, love your students;
Know your subject, love your subject.
Those are the 4 quadrants of effective teaching.
Actually, I was looking for a professional student....
Nice hearing from you again. Sister hardly ever drops in.
education - y912f, Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:16pm
Thank you :) I guess she's trying to start working on her own!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physical Education - if you have completed your degree from a university in ...
- Phsysical Education - need information on, if you have completed your degree ...
- Physical Education - I need information on, if you have completed your degree ...
- AE - You've been presented with a variety of educational philosophies. You ...
- Sociology (Topic;education) - hi.. am dnt a topic in sociology and the topic is ...
- english - summarize into a paragraph. Establishing bilingual education programs ...
- English - Write 5 sentences about the role of education in successful financial ...
- English - Just reminding! If anyone has any ideas on how to teach first graders ...
- English - I need to write five sentences on the role of education in successful ...
- Education/College - In what ways does understanding the origins of the ...