I don't see your answer.
1(a 2(b 3(b 4(c 5(a 6(a 7(d 8(b 9(a 10(a 11(d 12(a 13(c 14(d 15(c 16(d 17(d 18(b 19(d 20(c
these are my answer ms sue
the top of pants or a skirt is finished with facing when
Which type of line is considered to be a "softening" line in design?
A. Diagonal, curve
B. Vertical, straight
C. Vertical, zigzag
2. In fashion design, horizontal lines may be used to
A. decrease height and add width.
B. increase height and add width.
C. increase height and narrow the silhouette.
D. decrease height and narrow the silhouette.
3. What does repetition of a detail accomplish in a design?
A. It makes the design boring.
B. It creates a sense of movement leading the eye from one detail to another.
C. It shortens the figure.
D. It widens the figure.
4. This is an example of what type of rhythm in fashion design?
5. Emphasis in a fashion design serves to
A. draw attention to or away from a particular part of the garment.
B. add height.
C. lengthen the silhouette.
D. soften its lines.
6. Scale refers to
A. the size of one object in relation to another, such as a button to a jacket.
B. the finish of a garment.
C. the length of a garment from shoulder to top hem.
D. the weight of the design.
7. Which of the following changes in design would make this model look taller and slimmer?
A. Make the stripes wider.
B. Add large patch pockets to the jacket.
C. Omit the dark horizontal band at the hems of jacket, skirt and sleeves.
D. Add a belt.
8. The lines of this outfit would appear best on which of these figure types?
A. Short and plump
B. Tall and thin
9. A widely flared skirt and full sleeves like this would make a figure look
10. For which figure type are the lines of this gown most flattering?
B. Short or plump
11. For which figure type are the lines of this dress most helpful?
B. Short or plump
12. The design of this coat illustrates which type of balance?
13. Which detail provides rhythmic emphasis to this design?
B. Patch pockets
C. Three bow ties
D. Rolled sleeves
14. What single change in this design would make it more suitable for someone wanting to look taller?
A. Add a shoulder scarf.
B. Omit the horizontal band on the skirt.
C. Add full sleeves.
D. Lower the waistline.
15. Which of the following would help make this design more suitable for a tall person?
A. Lengthen the skirt.
B. Add design detail at the neckline.
C. A V neckline.
D. Add patch pockets to the front of the skirt.
16. This outfit would be most suitable for which figure type?
A. Short and slim
B. Short and full
C. Average to tall, full
D. Average to tall, slim
17. The design is more suitable for a tall, slim person. Which of these changes would make it more suitable for a shorter, fuller figure?
A. Add horizontal stripes.
B. Remove pockets and make narrower, set-in sleeves.
C. Add detail at the shoulders.
D. Add cuffs to the pant legs.
18. Which of the following changes would make this design more suitable for a short person?
A. Add detail at the hemline.
B. Shorten hemline.
C. Omit belt and horizontal detail at shoulders.
D. Add a blouse.
19. The lines of this design would be most helpful to which one of the following figure types?
A. Short and plump
B. Medium height and weight
C. Medium height and thin
D. Tall and thin
20. The lines of this design are
A. mostly vertical with a few horizontals.
B. mostly horizontal with a few verticals.
C. all verticals.
D. all horizontal.
I think that 1a,2b 3b 4c 5a 6a 7d 88 9a 10d 20b 11b 17b 18c 19b14b 15b
Dressmaking - A suit with rounded lapels and shawl collar would work best on a ...
grade nine science - How are elements arranged in the periodic table? Its for my...
MATH - Katie must take five exams in a math class. Her scores on the first four ...
English - An essay-type exam is an example of a(n): A. objective test. B. ...
Health please check my answer - Please check my answer thanks The radiologist is...
Math - so confused on this. I have answered but want someone to check me. ...
dressmaking - what type of seam would be most suitable for a silk fabric A.flat-...
dressmaking - Which type of fastener becomes more secure when yu try to pull the...
Math - HELP! can you check and help me with some of these? 1. y + 8 = -15 My ...
Geography - Last time I asked this question, I forgot to come back here and ...