Posted by Anonymous on Friday, March 9, 2012 at 6:58pm.
Analyze, design, and document a simple program that utilizes a good design process and incorporates sequential, selection and repetitive programming statements as well as at least one function call and the use of at least one array. Each of these items (sequential code, at least one selection statement, at least one loop, at least one function call, at least one array and associated processing of the array) is required, and must be present in code.
Also design a program that will allow a user to input a list of family members along with their age and state where they reside. Determine and print the average age of your family and print the names of anyone who live in Texas. You may assume that there are no more than 100 living relatives in your family.
•The first delivery is the project plan which provides your problem statements, problem analysis, and how it will comply with the project specifications.
•The final delivery will be your completed project design along with your code comments and comprehensive test plan.
I know a test plan is just redoing the code with different variables but first I must master the code to do the test
This is what I did so far.
Declare a main module
Initialize an array fn of two dimension character. fn;
Declare an array of character. char state;
Initialize another array c and Initialize to low
Declare another array age.
Input total number of records in n
Input value for array fn, age and state in a Loop till n
Calculate the total age in the avg variable
Print total average by dividing the avg by n
Loop until n
compare the value of state to "lowa" or "LOWA"
Print value which fulfills the condition
Pseudocode with sequential, selection and arrays - MathMate, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 8:42pm
In general, the pseudocode is a very good start. Here are just a few checkpoints.
Where are you storing the age? In an array, or you dispose of it as you read?
"Initialize another array c and Initialize to low "
"low" has not been declared. Is it 0, or -1?
You could give some more details how you manage the arrays.
What are you trying to achieve?
- average age?
- youngest age?
You'll need to account for the state="texas" as well.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Sequential and Selection Processing Control Struct - You are an accountant ...
- programming - Design a program that calculates and displays the amount of money ...
- Pseudocode programming - I need a currency conversion application. It does not ...
- programming - Write a simple ATM program. Ask the user to enter their account ...
- IT 210 - I need help with Sequential and selection processing control structures...
- Program Design and Development - Design the pseudocode for a program that ...
- IT - A project has been defined to contain the following list of activities ...
- PLZZZZ HELP - This question asks about your Independent Reading selection. You ...
- programming - Step 1: Design a flowchart or write pseudocode for a program that ...
- Programing Logic and design - Design a program that asks the user to enter a ...