posted by Henry2 on .
Writeacher, I need to write phrasal verbs related to work. I wonder if you could help me. I wanted to include them in a story but some phrasal verbs are more used in dialogues.
1) My mum works as a secretary for the personnel manager in the Ferrero firm. She usually starts work at 9 am and finishes at 7 pm. She sometimes works overtime and slaves away till 8 at night.
2)She always says that she can’t catch up with everything. She has been so tied up at work recently that she has never found time to visit her mother. She is going to take the afternoon off tomorrow to visit her.
3) My father is a worker in a textile industry. He usually has to do shifts (work shifts). Next week he’ll be on the night shift. When he does the night shifts, he usually knocks off ( = gets off work) at 6 am.
Would it be possible to include the verbs below in a story???
4) Can you fix up a meeting for Friday at 10 am?
Well, let’s pencil it in for Friday morning and see whether everyone is free then.
5) If we pull together as a team, we can get everything done by this evening.
I’ll show you how to do it and then I’ll leave you to it.
6) I was ill for a week and the work just piled up. Do you think you can squeeze in lunch with me one of these days?
All looks good except for two things:
2. ... she hasn't found time recently ...
3. ... He usually has to work different shifts ... When he works a night shift ...