Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:44pm.
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
In each of the following sentences identify the italicized verbal phrase as a participial phrase or gerund phrase.
1. Maxine gets her exercise by dancing for at least three hours a week.
- dancing for at least three hours a week = participial
2. Winning the contest was a thrill for our cheerleaders.
- winning the contest = gerund
3. Richard's summer job is delivering groceries to the hospital.
- delivering groceries to the hospital = gerund
4. Enzo Ferrari became famous by building fast and stylish cars.
- building fast and stylish cars = participial
5. Preparing for that play took quite a long time.
- preparing for that play = gerund
6. Samantha overheard Tina and Sue talking about their vacation plans.
- talking about their vacation plans = gerund
7. Excited by the thought of the trip, we finished packing early.
- Excited by the thought of the trip = participial
8. Koalas get most of their nutrition by eating eucalyptus leaves.
- eating eucalyptus leaves = participial
9. Tired of the noise outside, we closed the window.
- tired of the noise outside = participial
Answer this Question
english - Hello - I am not sure you can help me ...I have to write an essay ...
English - A: Hello. B: Hello. May I speak to Mina? A: This is she. B: Hi, Mina. ...
Language Arts - *Trying to laugh as quietly as possible*, Lucas snuck out of the...
business math - Hello,I'm just confuse with this problem: Find the due dates of ...
science - hello! i was wondering if anyone knows when dinosaurs evolved.
ENGLISH - The Sun Also Rises - Hello, I was wondering if there was any DIRECT ...
Maths - Hello, I am just wondering why y=mx+b for b (solve for the variable) ...
Logarithm law question - Hello, i was wondering if e^(2t) is equivalent to e^(t^...
English - Hello. I was wondering if you can please assist me with writing a ...
English - 1. Hello. May I speak to Tom? Speaking. Who's this? Hi,Tom. This is ...