Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:44pm.
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
In each of the following sentences identify the italicized verbal phrase as a participial phrase or gerund phrase.
1. Maxine gets her exercise by dancing for at least three hours a week.
- dancing for at least three hours a week = participial
2. Winning the contest was a thrill for our cheerleaders.
- winning the contest = gerund
3. Richard's summer job is delivering groceries to the hospital.
- delivering groceries to the hospital = gerund
4. Enzo Ferrari became famous by building fast and stylish cars.
- building fast and stylish cars = participial
5. Preparing for that play took quite a long time.
- preparing for that play = gerund
6. Samantha overheard Tina and Sue talking about their vacation plans.
- talking about their vacation plans = gerund
7. Excited by the thought of the trip, we finished packing early.
- Excited by the thought of the trip = participial
8. Koalas get most of their nutrition by eating eucalyptus leaves.
- eating eucalyptus leaves = participial
9. Tired of the noise outside, we closed the window.
- tired of the noise outside = participial
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...
- English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...
- Lang. Arts - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s...
- language - Identify the italicized word or words EATING FLESH WITH RAZOR-SHARP ...
- Language Arts help last questions please - Identify the italicized word(s) in ...
- language - Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence Going Outside ...
- English - "Studying about medicine" is important to a doctor. adverbial phrase ...
- Language Arts - *Trying to laugh as quietly as possible*, Lucas snuck out of the...
- language - Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence the pool ...
- language arts - Identify the term that correctly identifies the italicized word(...