Posted by cami on .
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
In each of the following sentences identify the italicized verbal phrase as a participial phrase or gerund phrase.
1. Maxine gets her exercise by dancing for at least three hours a week.
- dancing for at least three hours a week = participial
2. Winning the contest was a thrill for our cheerleaders.
- winning the contest = gerund
3. Richard's summer job is delivering groceries to the hospital.
- delivering groceries to the hospital = gerund
4. Enzo Ferrari became famous by building fast and stylish cars.
- building fast and stylish cars = participial
5. Preparing for that play took quite a long time.
- preparing for that play = gerund
6. Samantha overheard Tina and Sue talking about their vacation plans.
- talking about their vacation plans = gerund
7. Excited by the thought of the trip, we finished packing early.
- Excited by the thought of the trip = participial
8. Koalas get most of their nutrition by eating eucalyptus leaves.
- eating eucalyptus leaves = participial
9. Tired of the noise outside, we closed the window.
- tired of the noise outside = participial