Posted by cain on Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:08pm.
which value is the closest to 1/9.24/25
- intense algebra - Reiny, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:17pm
It is indeed "intense" if I can't figure out what you mean.
- intense algebra - cain, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:26pm
well my computer dont have the symbol i need. let my put it in words then one ninth times 24 over 25
- intense algebra - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:31pm
(1/9) * (24/25) = 24/225 = 0.10666
- intense algebra - cain, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:37pm
thank you sue
- intense algebra - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:44pm
You're welcome. Your question was clear when you put it into words.
Please note the way we write such a problem on the computer.
- intense algebra - Damon, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 11:03pm
Notice that you do not really need to do any calculating. I suspect that this is an exercise in estimation.
24/25 is just about one
so the answer is about 1/9
which is close to 1/10
so we are really talking about something around 0.1
which is a lot closer to zero than it is to the other choices.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Psychology - In comparison to generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder is...
- Multivariate Calculus - The marginal cost function is MC(q)=300-10q, where 'q' ...
- principles of colors - To slightly gray paint has an intense blue value what ...
- English - I'm trying to write a short story and there's an intense and ...
- algebra - Which is closest to the value of x if x = 3Square root of 11 + 4Square...
- intense algebra - Evaluate 27z^2 + 42z - 5?
- science - i presume During the digital-to-analogue conversion process, each ...
- Intermediate Algebra - The magnitude of an earthquake on the Richter scale is ...
- Algebra 1 - Two musical notes played at the same time produce harmony. The ...
- Physics - Devise the series or parallel combination of 2 capacitances from the ...