Posted by Jaycee on Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:30am.
An aqaurium is 80cm long, 40cm wide, and 40cm high. What is its volume?
I got 128,000cm3
One cubic centimeter (cm3) holds 1 milliliter of water. 1,000 cm3 hold 1 liter. How many mL will the tank in problem 6 hold? How many liters?
- Math - Writeacher, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:35am
Use this website to check your math:
- Math - drwls, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:37am
Yes, the answer is 128,000 cm^3 or ml.
A milliliter and a cubic centimeter are the same thing. Both are volume units, and apply to any fluid...not just water.
Divide by 1000 for the number of liters.
- Math - Jaycee, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:37am
Is problem 6 wrong?
- Math - Jaycee, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:41am
How do I find out how many liters are there?
- Math - Reiny, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 11:01am
drwls told you the answer.
easier way, (the beauty of the metric system)
original is 80 cm by 40 cm by 40 cm
= 8 dm by 4 dm by 4 dm
volume = 128 dm^3
= 128 L , since 1 L = 1 dm^3 of liquid
- Math - Jaycee, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 11:05am
Oh I get how to get the Liters now cause 128x1000=128000 from problem 6
How about mL?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 6.An aqaurium is 80cm long, 40cm wide, and 40cm high. What is its volume...
- Geometry - 30. What is the volume of a square pyramid with base edges of 40cm ...
- fish tank;; deals with volume. :] - A cylinder shaped fish talk is 40cm high ...
- Math - a rectangular tank with a square base of side 60 centimeters and a height...
- math - Ben placed a stone in an empty rectangular tank, 50cm long and 40cm wide...
- Phyics - Water drips from a faucet into a flask at the rate of two drops every 2...
- Geometry - 9. what are the lateral area and the surface area of the cone shown ...
- math - A rectangular tank of 5 m long,4 m wide and 5 m high is filled with water...
- geo - George and phil were playing with their fish tank again. they had a ...
- physics - Bottled water costs $0.55 for a 0.5 liter bottle. What would it cost ...