Posted by brandon on Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 6:59pm.
3. Use the following SAT score data to answer the questions that follow.
Gender Verbal Math
M 600 690
M 610 550
F 490 800
F 680 610
M 520 540
F 680 660
M 650 700
M 600 560
F 550 560
M 490 390
F 530 530
M 560 560
F 630 590
F 510 520
M 710 740
F 550 560
M 690 620
M 700 700
M 540 620
F 280 500
M 710 760
F 640 710
M 600 590
M 610 670
M 680 670
a. Use this sample to compute a 90% confidence interval for the mean SAT Math score at this school.
b. The national mean Math score is 503. Use your confidence interval and compare the performance of these students to the national mean. State your conclusions.
c. Set up and test an appropriate hypothesis to determine if the mean Math score at this school differs from the national mean of 503. Please show all the parts of your test: i.e. the null hypothesis, the alternative hypothesis, either the z-score or the p-value, and your conclusion stated mathematically and as a sentence in the context of the problem. Use alpha = .05.
d. Use this sample to compute a 90% confidence interval for the mean SAT Verbal score for Females at this school.
e. Use this sample to compute a 90% confidence interval for the mean SAT Verbal score for Males at this school.
- statistics - PsyDAG, Friday, November 18, 2011 at 1:45pm
We do not do your work for you. Once you have attempted to answer your questions, we will be happy to give you feedback on your work. Although it might require more time and effort, you will learn more if you do your own work. Isn't that why you go to school?
- statistics - fast eddie, Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 1:42pm
im not asking fo the answers i just need help getting started. thank you
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- STATISTICS HELP PLEASE - Gender Math M 690 M 550 F 800 F 610 M 540 F 660 M 700 M...
- statistics - Every year thousands of students take the SAT'S. RECENT TRENDS SHOW...
- statistics - The box plot below summarize the distributions of SAT verbal and ...
- statistics - Bob scores 610 on his SAT's. If the mean score is 580 and the ...
- Statistics - Scores on the SAT verbal test in recent years follow approximately ...
- statistics in psychology - An analysis of the combined SAT scores (Verbal + ...
- Math/Compound Interest - 1. Use the compound interest table to find the compound...
- Statistics - Among first year students at a certain university, scores on the ...
- statistics - Suppose scores on the mathematics section of the SAT follow a ...
- statistics - every year thousands of students take the SAT'S. Recent trends show...