Posted by Henry2 on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 3:35pm.
Are these constructions possible in English? I know they are possible in German.
1.I'm long-, curly- and dark-haired.
2. She is a curved-eyebrowed person.
3. She is narrow-mouthed.
4. She is a thick eye-lidded girl.
5. I hardly every sulk about people (???)
6. The bus journey to school takes me forty minutes (Which word is best to mean the route from home to school: journey or travel?)
7. At about six is a mistake. Correction: About six /or at six.
8. fair-skinned: pale-skinned
- English - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 4:16pm
1. Ah, referring to hair, then yes, you could.
2. "curved-eyebrowed" no. She is curved or most probably the eyebrows are curved? Perh aps "curved-eyebrow" person.
3. Could be but I doubt that you would hear it - more apt to hear "small-mouthed" in my opinion.
4. "thick-lidded eye
5. Why not.
6. The bus route
7. Could be "at about six" but I like the other 2 chooices better.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 4:50pm
Haven't I already gone over several of these for you? Why do you repeat them and make someone do double-work?
Please post only the sentences/phrases that have NOT been corrected for you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you. 1) My bed is next to ...
- Science - In humans, the allele for curly hair and the allele for straight hair ...
- Science - 3. A gene is to a chromosome as? A.)A pea is to a pod**** B.)A front ...
- Biology - To a curly haired mother and straight haired father 8 children are ...
- English - When you say something like, "the shark had a long narrow slit in the ...
- microeconomic - larry, curly, and moe run the saloon in town. larry wants to ...
- Punnet squares:-( - A homozygous curly haired pig is crossed with a homozygous ...
- English - Could you please check these last sentences? Thank you very much. 1) I...
- English - I left out the following adjectives. Can you please check them, too? 1...
- English - Hi, I was wondering if you could loose an accent. I speak English and...