Posted by x^y key on Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 8:14pm.
I compute (109/3)^1/4 and store that value in A.
Store 3 in P.
Now compute f(7)= Pa^7 by typing:
P x A x^y 7
***My problem is that I don't know WHERE the x^y key is on a TI -83 Plus.
Then I have to subtract this answer from the answer using a rounded value of a (which I found to be 1831.)The difference will show the error used by rounding a and will not be zero.
- math - functions - MathMate, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 8:47pm
It's just above the ÷ button.
- math - functions - check please, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:15pm
So I punched it in and the calculator reads:
P * A ^ 7
Did I do it correctly?
- math - functions - MathMate, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:38pm
Yes, I got the same answer.
The best way to check is to use numbers that you know, such as:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue last two questions thanks - 15. In Store A, a book that ...
- math - A store is located at (-1, -2). the owner of the store plans to build ...
- stastics - johns runs a computer software store.he counted 128 people who walkrd...
- calculus - consider the initial value problem dy/dx=y^2+1, y(0)=0. estimate y(2...
- Statistics - John runs a computer software store. Yesterday he counted 127 ...
- STAT - An independent-measures research study compares three treatment ...
- math - Four brands of soap are available in a local store. Compute the unit ...
- math - The weights (in pounds) of a sample of five boxes being sent by UPS are: ...
- statistics - Suppose that you are given a decision situation with three possible...
- Working backwards (problem solving) - a store bought some calculators for $400 ...