Posted by Angel on Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:18am.
The number of people who donated to a certain organization between 1975 and 1992 can be modeled by the equation
D(t)=-10.61t^(3)+208.808t^(2)-168.202t+9775.234 donors, where t is the number of years after 1975. Find the inflection point(s) from t=0 through t=17 , if any exist.
a. There are no inflection points from t=0 through t=17 .
b. There is one inflection point at t=6.56.
c. There are inflection points at t=0 and t=17.
d. There is one inflection point at t=0.15.
e. There are inflection points at t=0, t=0.15,and t=17.
I thought it was B.
Calculus - Bosnian, Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:50am
An inflection point is a point on a curve at which the second derivative changes sign. You must find point where second derivative = 0
wolframalpha dot com
When page be open in rectangle type:
second derivative of -10.61t^(3)+208.808t^(2)-168.202t+9775.234
and click option =
When you see result click option:
Then in rectangle type:
Inflection point is:
Calculus - Angel, Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:58am
Thanks, i thought it was B. your awesome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - The median salary for male workers for the years 1975-2006 can be...
- Intermediate Algebra - a male born in 1975 does not want his future wife to ...
- pre calc - The following polynomial approximates the rabbit population in a ...
- Intermediate algebra - The number of trout in America, since 1970, is given by ...
- polynominals - The number of trout in America, since 1970, is given by the ...
- math - The number of cases for a disease has reduced by half every 10 years: ...
- algebra 2 - Solve the problem. The growth in the population of a certain rodent ...
- math - I have a few question so I will number them off. Please answer them for ...
- stats help - find the number of road fatalies attributed to impaired drivivng ...
- stats help - find the number of road fatalies attributed to impaired drivivng in...