Posted by avinash kumar on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:28am.
plz give full answer for this i am not geting
If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the following is TRUE? A) 32/14*6+40-8=44.8 B) 14*8/6+40-8=16.8 c) 32*6/14+32-8=9.9 D) 32/6*14+32-8=18.9
maths - Reiny, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:35am
please check to see if your question has been answered before posting it again.
maths - avinash kumar, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:47am
sir but in this one option is surely correct i am not geting that one and plz say me hw we will give preference in solvation *,+,-,/(WHICH ONE IS FIRST)
maths - Reiny, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 12:07pm
the order of operation is
B - brackets first , you don't have any
E - exponents, you don't have any
D - division, in the order they come
M - multiplication, in the order the come
A - addition
S - subtraction
so for the first one
32 + 14 - 6 * 40 - 8
= 32+14 - 240 - 8
= 46 - 240 - 8
= -202 , as I had before.
I will do one more, the last one:
= -418, again, not true
The others are also false.
Unless you made an error in typing, the answers do not make sense.
Since in the conversion there is no division, how can each of the answers contain a decimal?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- maths - 1) If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- maths - ) If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- FRENCH- BANGS - Bangs really confuse me:( Could I get a few notes on them please...
- calculus - use &-e to prove the following lim x^2-9/x+3 = -6 x->-3 please ...
- maths - ) If * stands for /, /stands for -, +stands for * and –stands for +, ...
- Grade 11 Functions - A baseball player hits a foul ball into the stands. He ...
- English - 1. One maple and three elms (stand, stands) in the yard. stands
- science - How many Mm2 would there be in 43.65 dm2 Mm stands for Mega meters and...
- English Language Arts - What does CUPS stand for? i know that C stands for ...