Posted by Willy Wonka on Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:27pm.
During hurricane season, Why are they usually late summer and autumn events?
Quick Science Question - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:32pm
Quick Science Question - Willy Wonka, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:39pm
Thank You. But that website did not help.
Quick Science Question - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:43pm
Did you read the first two paragraphs?
"Hurricanes are intense low pressure areas that form over warm ocean waters in the summer and early fall. Their source of energy is water vapor which is evaporated from the ocean surface.
"Water vapor is the "fuel" for the hurricanes because it releases the "latent heat of condensation" when it condenses to form clouds and rain, warming the surrounding air. (This heat energy was absorbed by the water vapor when it was evaporated from the warm ocean surface, cooling the ocean in the process.)"
Quick Science Question - Writeacher, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:43pm
For one thing, it takes that long for the water in the ocean, Gulf, Caribbean, or wherever to get warm enough to help storms grow.
Notice the words "warm ocean waters" in the first sentence in the linked webpage Ms. Sue gave you?
Please read that ENTIRE webpage carefully ... and take good notes.
Quick Science Question - Willy Wonka, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 4:47pm
Yes I read it. I thought that pharagraph was only giving me the answers to the definition of a hurricane and "What's water vapor?" I thought it was not answering my original question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Given the two-way relative frequency table below, which of the following ...
- english - Change the italicized clause to a nominative absolute. Rewrite the ...
- English - 1. Where did you visit during the summer vacation? 2. What did you ...
- english!! - In The Birds, what is the weather like during the autumn before the...
- Marine Science - 1.Which condition is believed to be caused by El Niño and ...
- math - Adnan asked 20 friends to tell him their favorite season of the year. ...
- Math - Ice Dreams finds its profit from the sale of ice cream increases by $30 ...
- Literature - In "The Birds", ((Short story by Daphne du Maurier))what is the ...
- Math - During peak season, a hotel room costs $135 per night. During the off-...
- STATS - Consider the following information: Season Sales(units) Summer Autumn ...