Posted by Mike on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:32pm.
I need help with rearranging this equation to isolate c
I got this (a/b)+(1/d)=(1/c) but I don't know the last step with the reciprocal. Could someone please help, thank you
math - Max, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:41pm
First, write a/b + 1/d with a common denominator.
ad/bd + b/bd
(ad + b)/bd
You can easily take the reciprocal from here.
math - Mike, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:44pm
the computer said my answer was correct like this (a/b)+(1/d)=(1/c) but I need to do the reciprocal of (1/c) and I don't know how that will look in the equation
math - Max, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:50pm
Here is how the equation should look:
a/b + 1/d = 1/c
ad/bd + b/bd = 1/c
(ad + b)/bd = 1/c
Taking the reciprocal of both sides...
bd/(ad + b) = c
math - Mike, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:52pm
thank you. It worked
math - Max, Monday, July 11, 2011 at 10:54pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - find the slope and y-intercept of the graph of the equation. explain each...
- Calculus questions..really need help, please! - 1) Find the value of the lim(x-&...
- chemistry - how many carbon particles are there in 4.25 mole of C6 H12 O6? i do ...
- Math - I have 2 questions that I need help with if someone could please help me ...
- algebra - Will someone please look over these? I am so lost on these. 1. find ...
- MATH/OPTICS - given di=145, do=38,hi=-97 formula: hi/ho=-di/do how do i ...
- math - Solve the linear equation: x+x+2+x+4+x+6=-28. State the property that ...
- math - can someone check my answer please? solve using multiplication principle...
- Math - I am really have a tough time trying to solve this problem. I think my ...
- Quick math help - Can someone please check my math Hw? Thank you!! Solve each ...