Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 9:15am.
divide in the indicated base
6 / 252
- math - MathMate, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 10:08am
56 / 2526
You would do a long division just like with base 10, except that the multiplications and subtractions would be handled in base 6.
I am unable to show the division with proper formatting at this forum.
You can google "division in other bases", or simply the following link for an example:
For the given problem, I got 0.01423 (the last digit being between 2 and 3, but I rounded up).
- math - Reiny, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 10:13am
There have been an unusual number of posts dealing with arithmetic operations in different bases in the last two weeks.
I sure hope that it is not limited to a particular educational jurisdiction, since to spend that much time on a fringe topic cannot be justified.
I can see doing some work in base 2 or base 16 because of its application with computers, but
base 6 and base 7 ??????
- math - MathMate, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 3:34pm
Yes, I was wondering too. Perhaps it serves as an introduction to number theory or discrete math.
- math - Anonymous, Monday, January 20, 2014 at 12:28am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - divide in the indicated base 4 5 divide 202 5
- math - divide in the indicated base 2 base 3/ 120 base 3
- MATH - divide in the indicated base 5 8 / 111 8
- MATH - divide in the indicated base 2 ___ 3 /121 3
- exp in math - divide in the indicated base 3 212 5 / 5
- eplorations in math - divide in the indicated base 5 / 111 8 8
- 5th grade math - divide and simplify 7/18 divided by 14/39 the first step is to ...
- Math - How do you convert a number to whatever base it indicates? For example: ...
- Math - Convert from base 10 to the indicated base. 2500 to base 14 I got CA8 to ...
- math - divide as indicated: 0.01 divideby (o.o1 divide 0.001)