posted by Danielle on .
Urgent! Can someone please look these over? The sentences are very vague (welcome to online schooling, I guess). Some of them are questionable. Please help! Need to write whether the sentence is a "POINT" or "TOPIC" sentence.
Point Sentence-Announces the topic of a paragraph and states the point you want to make.
Topic Sentence-The sentence in a paragraph that tells your readers what the paragraph is about.
26. We analyzed the data for the three-year period starting in August of 1994.-Topic
27. A review of accounting practices showed several irregularities; we can easily correct these by better training our accounts payable staff.-Point
28. We can improve the efficiency of our payroll system by upgrading our software to include check-cutting capability.-Point
29. Fourteen nurses were on call during the weekend when the outbreak occurred.-Topic
30. Our case flow issues stem, in part, from inefficient medical transcription and billing.-Topic
31. Although it’s easy to blame problems on the coding staff, many of the problems start with poorly designed medical forms that medical staff use improperly.-Point
32. The earliest documented occurrence of employee theft was September 12, 2002.-Topic
33. Inventory irregularities jump during the 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. shift.-Topic
34. In most retail companies, stock clerks on average have less than one year of postsecondary education.-Topic
35. The company that has our cafeteria contract requires its food-service employees to receive regular training in health and safety standards for food handling.-Point