Physics rollerblading question
posted by Becca on .
1) Suzie (of mass 38 kg) is roller-blading down the sidewalk going 20 miles per hour. She notices a group of workers down the walkway who have unexpectedly blocked her path, and she makes a quick stop in 2 seconds. What is Suzie’s average acceleration? Answer in units of m/s^2.
2) What force was exerted to stop Susie? Answer in units of N.
Where did this force come from?
1. the gravity
2. the friction between the ground and the skates
3. the upward force exerted by the ground
4. the friction between the air and Suzie
5. All of these
Any help with getting this question started would be great!
See a tutor in CASA