Posted by Nova Southeastern University on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 3:02pm.
Calculate the heat change at 100C in each of the following problems.Indicate whether heat was absorbed or released.
a. calories to condense 10.0 g of steam
b. kilocalories to condense 75g of steam
c. kilocalories to vaporize 44 g of water.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 3:29pm
q = mass steam x delta Hvap.
see a. Convert to kcal.
mass H2O x deltaH vap. Convert to kcal.
Chemistry - megan, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:42pm
Chemistry - jam, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 3:22pm
First you multiply 10.0 with 540cal/1 g of H2O.
To calculate the amount of heat added to (or removed from) a sample of water, the mass of the sample is mulitipled by the heat of vaporization, which is 2260. As before, no temperature change occurs during a change of state.
the answer for a will be 5400
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Chemistry - Using the values for the heat of fusion, specific heat of ...
- Chemistry - Energy is released when 100kg of steam at 150.0°C and standard ...
- Chemistry Physics - How many joules of heat need to be removed to condense 1.50 ...
- Physics - What is the heat required in kilocalories to convert 2 kg of ice at 0°...
- Physics Math - How many joules of heat need to be removed to condense 1.50 kg of...
- Physics - How much heat is added to a 10.0 g of ice at -20.0 degrees Celsius to ...
- chemistry - how many kilocalories of heat are released when 85g steam at 100 ...
- Chemistry - calculate the total amount of heat needed to change 500g of ice at -...
- college - Kilocalories to condense 82g of steam at 100 degress C, cool the ...
- science - How many kilocalories to condense 82g of steam at 100 degress C, cool ...