Posted by Sarah on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 4:30pm.
this december your brother jack will be 2 years from being twice as old as your sister Jen. the sum of jacks age and three times jens age is 68. how old is jen?
Algebra - TutorCat, Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 7:30pm
Jack's age=2*(Jen's age)-2
[Jack's age]+3*(Jen's age)=68
use substitution method:
[2*(Jen's age)-2]+3*(Jen's age)=68
Solve for Jen's age.
Algebra2 - elizabeth, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:37am
how to solve a matrice when it's like b21 and it givec you to sets of matrices like AND IT SAYS TO ID EACH ELEMENT
A.)O -1 B.)6 -3 1/2
1.5 3 AND
Algebra - Henry, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 3:04pm
Jen's age = X yrs.
Jack's age = (2X -2) YRS.
(2X - 2) + 3X = 68,
2X + 3X -2 = 68,
5X = 68 + 2 = 70,
X = 14 yrs. = Jen's age.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - your brother jack will be 2 years from being twice as old as your sister ...
- 6 grade math - This Christmas,your brother Jack will be 2 years from being twice...
- Math - This Christmas,your brother Jack will be 2 years from being twice as old ...
- Math - age problem - One year ago Liz was 3 times as old as her brother Jack. In...
- maths - amelie is x years old her sister is four years older her brother is ...
- math - A. A woman was 30 years old when her daughter was born.Her age is now 6 ...
- unknown - if i am 3 times as old as my sister and last year i was 4 times as old...
- math - A. John is now 10 years older than Marcus. Three times John's age 5 years...
- Algebra - Mary is y years old. Write an algebraic expression in terms of y for ...
- math - Michel is twice as old as his sister sylvia. In four years three times ...