Posted by sammie on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 12:32am.
Which planet by itself contains the majority of mass of all the planets?
- science - drwls, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 12:42am
Do you know what the largest planet is? If not, you need to do some reading in your course materials.
It certainly would have to be the largest one on that list.
- science - Stephanie, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 12:58am
I just thought that just because jupiter is a gaseous planet that it would have a lesser mass.
- science - drwls, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 1:26am
It is true that Jupiter has a lower density than Earth, by about a factor of 5. But its volume is over 1000 times larger.
The next largest planet is Saturn. It has a lower density than Jupiter, and is considerably smaller as well. it has about 1/3 the mass of Jupiter.
This web site has some colorful graphs and pictures comparing planets that should interest you.
- science - Nathan, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:34pm
It's Jupiter, which is known to be the biggest planet known at the moment.
(Scientists may have found a planet bigger than Jupiter.)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - Earth, Jupiter, and Uranus all revolve around the sun. Earth takes 1 yr, ...
- science - 1. Scientists hypothesize that the sun formed ____. (1 point) less ...
- Math - There are 61 known moons. Mercury and Venus do not have moons, but each ...
- Science - Which of the following planets is considered a rocky, or terristrial, ...
- science with planets - What was the planet last to be discovered out of these? 1...
- Science - 1. Which layer of the sun's atmosphere are you looking at when you ...
- plz help science - 1. Which layer of the sun's atmosphere are you looking at ...
- science ms sue plz help - 1. Which layer of the sun's atmosphere are you looking...
- science - Multiple Choice 1. Which of the following terms refers to an object ...
- Science help ms sue. - Multiple Choice 1. Which of the following terms refers to...