Posted by Nika on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 9:05pm.
How many cubic units are in the volume of a cylinder whose height is four units and whose radius is five units?
What is the surface area of a cube whose volume is 27 cubic inches?
- Math - jai, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 9:13pm
Volume of a cylinder = area of the base * height, or:
V = pi*(r^2)*h
V = pi*(5^2)*4
V = pi*25*4
simplify this. units is in cubic units.
Volume of cube is s^3,, solving for the length of one side:
V = 27 = s^3
cuberoot(27) = s
s = 3 inches
Surface area of cube = 6*area of each face, or:
SA = 6*(s^2)
SA = 6*(3^2)
simplify this. units is in square inches.
hope this helps. :)
- Math - Anonymous, Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 10:18pm
How many cubic centimeters can a cigar box hold if its dimensions are 4 centimeters by 14 centimeters by 12 centimeters? Include correct units with your solution.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- HELP!! ASAP!! - If r = 8 units and x = 8 units, then what is the volume of the ...
- Geometry-Help PLZ - Each of 6 cubes has a volume of 64 cubic units. If the ...
- Math - What is the surface area and volume of a composite figure made up of a ...
- solid mensuration - Find the area of a cyclic quadrilateral whose 2 sides ...
- math - . Find the volume of the sphere with a radius of 9. Use ð = 3.14 and ...
- Math - What is the volume of the figure above if a= 6 units and b= 9 units? A. 1...
- Math - If X = 3 units, Y = 5 units, and Z = 11 units, then what is the volume of...
- math - Resolved QuestionShow me another » AP Calculus related rates problem? The...
- college math - Find the volume of an industrial tank in the form of a horizontal...
- math - if a cylinder with a height equal to its diameter has a volume of 20 ...