Posted by Jordyn on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:45pm.
36x^2 - 49y^2 divided by 6x + 7y
meaning 36x^2 - 49y^2 is on top and
6x + 7y is on bottom.
Please help, my teacher nor course book covers when there are different variables
- algebra - jai, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:54pm
(36x^2 - 49y^2)/(6x + 7y)
notice that the numerator is a difference of two squares,, recall:
a^2 - b^2 = (a+b)(a-b)
thus the numerator can be factored into:
then cancel the common factor and you get 6x - 7y
hope this helps.
- algebra - Jordyn, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 12:04am
Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I even understand exactly how you go the answer. I've been doing the tutoring at my school for almost 2 days with the same tutor and they cannot explain it on an easy to understand level. I really really appreciate your help!!!!!
- algebra - jai, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 12:07am
you're welcome, Jordyn! :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Essay. Show all work. Find the following quotient: 36x^2-49y^2...
- algebra - I need to divide this but I am a little confused. I hope this makes ...
- math - Simplify 36x^2 y^4 a^-2 ____________________ 72a x^-1 y ^ means power ...
- Math(Please check) - I am trying to find the standard form of this equation for ...
- Math - I am trying to find the standard form of this equation for an ellipse. ...
- algebra - (36x^3-60x^2-87x-21)divided by 9x+3
- intermidate algebra - Just not good at this, factor complete, or state that the ...
- Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
- intermediate algebra - Use the difference of squares rule to factor the ...
- math - Is this the answear to 36x^2 y^4 a^-2 ____________________ 72a x^-1 y ^ ...