Posted by Lily on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 6:56pm.
Yo ____ está mejor o peor.
a. no sé
b. no sé si
d. no lo sabía
- spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:02pm
Sometimes it helps to know what the choices mean in English:
a) I don't know
b) I don't know if
c. I know
d. I didn't know (wasn't knowing)
a, c, d are ALL wrong because you need "clause relater que or si" because there are 2 separate clauses.
clause 1 = I know OR I don't kn ow
claude 2 = it is better or worse.
Only possible choice is b. Do you understand why?
Sra (aka Mme)
- spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:04pm
P.S. I meant to also explain that we leave that relater out often in English.
either: I know it is better or worse. vs. I know THAT (IF) it is better or worse.
So that makes it a bit tricky, our leaving it out in English if we wish, but it MUST be there in French.
Sra (aka Mme)
- spanish - Lily, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 9:07am
Thank you! I hope I can remember this for other problems.
- spanish - kareena, Friday, November 5, 2010 at 12:17pm
it is b
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - 16. Yo _____ está mejor o peor. a. no sé b. no sé si c. sé d. no lo ...
- spanish - Usa la forma presente de ESTAR con el participio pasado del verbo ...
- spanish - "Mi abuela está en el hospital." "Qué lástima! ____" a. No vale la ...
- Spanish- SraJMcGin please recheck - I'm not sure what you meant by correcting ...
- Spanish - I am confused as to when I should use la or el. For example: Mi ...
- Spanish - 40. A Luisa y a Mario _________ las películas de ciencia ficción. a. ...
- Spanish 3 - 1. Esos países son buenos pero este país es… A. más bueno que ésos. ...
- Spanish - 7. ¿Cómo se dice en español: The hospital is far from the town? A.) El...
- Spanish (please correct me if I'm still wrong) - Give the correct form of the ...
- spanish - Si una mujer no está casada, se dice que _____. a. está soltera b. est...