Posted by olivia on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 1:36pm.
How do you calculate Latitude and longitude precisely?
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 1:53pm
I use a map or a database. Many people use GPS.
For other methods, check these sites.
- Geography - olivia, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 1:58pm
but i need it for school. i need to be able to do it myself using a map
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 2:01pm
Thank you for clarifying your question.
Study this site.
Then, post a couple of your specific questions and your answers. I'll be glad to help you from there.
- Geography - olivia, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 2:08pm
thank you so much. ok well here is an example my teacher gave us:
the position of Patras.
300'=5.6cm (the height of the square on the atlas.)
3.6cm (the distance from the bottom of the square to the city)
3.6=300 divided by 5.6 multiplied by 3.6
=3°12'= 38°12' N
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 40 North latitude and 160 west longitude Pacific Oceann? 23 ...
- Geography - In which direction would you travel if you were going from 30 N ...
- geography - if you start at 10 degrees south latitude by 140 degrees west ...
- geometry - The towns A and B are on the circle of latitude 24 degrees N.The ...
- Geography and Society - What is the Geographic Coordinate System? a. a precise ...
- geography - 1. In what direction does the Nile River flow? The river flows North...
- Geography and Society - What is absolute location? a. a precise measure of where...
- geography - Does a line of latitude or a line of longitude divide the Earth into...
- Geography - What Country would you be in if you were at 20° and latitude and 80...
- geography - what are latitude and longitude coordinates used for