Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:24pm.
14. New France was shaped mainly by
a. raising cash crops
b. the fur trade
c. enslaving Native Americans
d. the search for gold
15. Which one of the following helped the colonial legislatures come to dominate colonial government?
a. The king appointed colonial governors
b. Governors could veto measures passed by colonial legislatures
c. The legislatures set the salaries for royal officials
d. Governors decided when colonial legislatures could meet
16. The First Continental Congress voted to
a. end the boycott of imports from Britain
b. call for the formation of colonial militias
c. imprison all British tax collectors
d. adopt the Declaration of Independence
17. Which of the following was designed to ensure that the President would not gain dictatorial powers over government?
a. the system of checks and balances
b. the Elastic Clause
c. the Electoral College
d. the Cabinet
Although I know the meaning of all of these terms, I don't quite understand which one had this job...
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:29pm
15. Which of your answer choices states a power of the colonial legislatures?
17. What are your definitions for these terms?
- US History - mysterychicken, Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 10:44pm
System of checks and balances gave each branch the power to check, or stop, the others in certain ways.
Electoral College- group of electors
Cabinet- Officials that head the major departments of the executive branch.
I can't find the Elastic Clause.
Answer this Question
Social Studies - Why did New France have a hard time attracting settlers? (B) ...
History - Did the Micmaq reside in New France?
History/Literature/English - July 14, Bastille Day was the day: a) the ...
History - Which Native American tribe were the traditoinal alliis of New France...
History - Do you think Coureurs De Bois were good or bad for New France? Why?
History - Were all the Native peoples helpful to the French in New France and ...
Grade 7 - What is new france and what is old france?
US History - What political influences shaped the governments of the British ...
history - here's what i got for that question: question:compare the colonial ...
Socials Studies (URGENT) - I need to create a children's book of at least 15 ...