Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:24pm.
14. New France was shaped mainly by
a. raising cash crops
b. the fur trade
c. enslaving Native Americans
d. the search for gold
15. Which one of the following helped the colonial legislatures come to dominate colonial government?
a. The king appointed colonial governors
b. Governors could veto measures passed by colonial legislatures
c. The legislatures set the salaries for royal officials
d. Governors decided when colonial legislatures could meet
16. The First Continental Congress voted to
a. end the boycott of imports from Britain
b. call for the formation of colonial militias
c. imprison all British tax collectors
d. adopt the Declaration of Independence
17. Which of the following was designed to ensure that the President would not gain dictatorial powers over government?
a. the system of checks and balances
b. the Elastic Clause
c. the Electoral College
d. the Cabinet
Although I know the meaning of all of these terms, I don't quite understand which one had this job...
US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:29pm
15. Which of your answer choices states a power of the colonial legislatures?
17. What are your definitions for these terms?
US History - mysterychicken, Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 10:44pm
System of checks and balances gave each branch the power to check, or stop, the others in certain ways.
Electoral College- group of electors
Cabinet- Officials that head the major departments of the executive branch.
I can't find the Elastic Clause.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S. History - please tell me if these are right or not. my choice are in CAPS 1...
- History - Which economic activity did relations between Europe and Ming China ...
- History - 6. Which of these were reasons for Columbus is first voyage from Spain...
- PLZ Help History--@Ms. Sue - Native American knowledge helped European settlers ...
- history - 9. Based on what you know about Native American relationships with the...
- Settlement - One goal the French and Spanish colonists had in common in the New ...
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Outline the results of fur trade from the points of view of ...
- history - 1. What was the result of Cortes’s defeat of the Aztecs? Select all ...
- us history - which of the following describes the main reason the Spanish ...
- Socials - Outline the results of fur trade from the points of view of both the ...