posted by mysterychicken on .
1. Which of the following sentences contains an implied metaphor?
a. The mall sailboat bobbed about like a cork on the huge ocean
b. The wind looked down upon the tiny craft, laughed, and then attacked.
c. The battle between wind and boat raged on for an hour
d. Then the damaged vessel rolled over like a dead fish.
Not sure about this...
7. Which is not an example of an idiom found in "Miss Rosie"?
a. "when I watch you"
b. "[you] used to be called"
c. "waiting for your mind"
d. "I stand up"
10. Which of the following pairs of words is an example of approximate rhyme?
14. Which of the following words is an example of a trochee?
15. The aspect of Espada's poem "Tony Went to the Bodega but he Didn't buy Anything" that BEST characterizes it as "free verse" is its
a. regular meter
b. theme of freedom
d. rhythm of long and short sentences
1. Review the definition and examples of metaphors. Then see if that doesn't make this question clearer.
7. I haven't read "Miss Rosie."
So for 1. I think it could be either A or D, but I'm going more for D.
Still not sure about 14
I think 15 could either be B or A...
1. No. That choice has a simile. MC, please study the difference between a simile and a metaphor.
In fact, you need to do a lot more studying to answer these questions correctly.
Okay, okay, I got it. B.
Yes. After three tries, you have 1. correct. :-(
:/ Sorry, not sure where my mind is right now.
Last try on these:
Yes. No you have it. Both 10 and 14 are now correct.
:D I just need to figure 15 out and I'm all done! Thanks for all the help Ms.Sue; I appreciate your patience with me(:
You're welcome, MC.
I know it's lonely being home schooled -- but I guess you have to make the best of it.
Haha you got that right. I try my best; thanks for understanding.
which of the following is an example of a fragment? A) When Ted went to work, Bob went home. B) Although Ted went to work and Bob went home. C) Bob went to work although Ted went to work. D) Although Ted went to work, Bob went home.
I Think the answer is B.