Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, September 10, 2010 at 7:34pm.
Just need someone to check these questions for me--
1. A complication in the plot is BEST described as
a. an event that poses a problem for the main character
b. additional information about the main character
c. an isolated incident
d. a physical event only
2. The plot of a story
a. lists the characters.
b. summarizes the themes.
c. is a series of related events
d. consists of dialogue.
5. Which of the following is the BEST exmaple of external conflict in "The Bass, The River, and Sheila Mant"?
a. the narrator's mental anguish while in the canoe
b. the narrator's struggle to hide the fishing rod from Sheila
c. the regrets the narrator experiences later in life
d. the narrator's competition with Eric
7. Which of the following statements uses setting to reveal a competitive character?
a. Susan wants to win every game she plays
b. Aaron enters an essay contest
c. Maxine plays basketball every chance she gets
d. Todd's room is decorated with posters of race cars and athletes.
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 7:48pm
I agree with your first two answers. I haven't read this specific story, but I doubt if the other two answers are right.
You're looking for external conflict and setting for these last two questions.
English 2 - mysterychicken, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 7:53pm
Should #7 be D?
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 7:58pm
Yes, I think 7 is d because it's the only one describing a setting and also shows his competitive spirit.
English 2 - mysterychicken, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 7:59pm
Thank You! (:
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 8:00pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Check My Answer - If someone tells you a precautionary tale, he or she ...
- English - 1. A narrator who is also a character in the story is? a. first person...
- English - Who is the main character of "The Lottery" and what best describes the...
- English - Match the vocabulary words with the appropriate definitions. A....
- Poetry - Still having problems here. Can the character be the plot of poem? No. ...
- English 10 A - I am doing the Character Analysis Portfolio, and need to make a ...
- English - i think of doing mental illness story on stress. i think of doing this...
- english - Most of the time, the ____ struggles against the main character in a ...
- english - the antagonist of a story is: a)the hero of the story. b)engaged in a ...
- English - So for the summer I had to read cat's eye by Margaret Atwood and this ...