Posted by nancy on Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 5:59pm.
choose proper punctuation
George, leave the room, shut the door, and be quiet
b)George;leave the room, shut the door and be quiet
c)George leave the room, shut the door and be quiet
d)b)George leave the room, shut the door, and be quiet
My first guess is a)
but I'm tempted to chose b)
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 6:09pm
Why are you guessing? Do you have reasons for your choices?
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 6:15pm
- english - nancy, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 6:16pm
Yes, I am guessing a)according to the comma rule 1:
Use a comma to separate the elements in a series (three or more things).
English is my 2nd language so I read and guess my best according to the rules,still I'm never too sure.
am I right?
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 6:17pm
Yes, "a" is correct. Be sure to read both little articles I've linked above. They are short and give the reasons for all the commas in your choice.
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 6:27pm
PS -- Since you are choosing your answers based on the rules (in this case, comma rules), then you're really not guessing! You believe you are correct, and you are posting to double-check. But you're not guessing!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- language - Jimmy you must leave the room shut the door and be quiet. Which of ...
- english grammer - jimmy you must leave the room shut the door and be quiet. what...
- English - I just wanted to know if my reporting verbs are possible and if I ...
- English - Could you please check this other exercise on reporting verbs? Thank ...
- English - I would like you to clarify a few point to me (Can you say that?) ...
- Physical Science - Bob and Christine are sweltering in their hot office. Bob ...
- English - On the far side of the burial room is an open door and a third room...
- math - George wants to put carpeting in a rectangular living room and a square ...
- English - What is it called when the subject (being you) is automatically ...
- English-A Raisin in the Sun - In the book A Raisin in the Sun, what does Walter ...