Posted by Amy~ on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 10:57am.
Would anyone know the major event for the turning point in 1945 in US History?
I came up with:
Atomic Age begins,
creation of the United Nations,
the Cold War,
Significance: the beginning of the end for colonialism
I don't know which is the major turning point...would it be WWII ends?
US History II - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:07am
As a child in 1945, I'd have said then that the end of WWII was most significant. We'd lived with war for almost 4 years and were excited and relieved when it ended.
However, in retrospect, I know feel that the beginning of the Atomic Age was most significant. The fear of atomic weapons still weighs heavily upon us. This fear kept restraints on the world during the Cold War. We still feel the threat of nuclear weapons in Iran, North Korea, and other countries.
US History II - Amy~, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:17am
So, the turning point of 1945 is the Atomic Age begins
and the others would be related events?
US History II - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:20am
Yes. All of these events are related.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Why was the bombing of Pearl Harbor a turning point in World War II? A...
- social studies - can someone help me find a website for this timeline, please. ...
- History - Who started the cold war? truman or stalin? 3 reasons why? my work: ...
- 7th grade social studies Ms. Sue please - Multiple Choice 1. What was one cause ...
- Social Studies - During the cold war Era (1945-1990), the United states and the ...
- college - The Dreyfus Affair Who: What: When: Where: Why significant: ** Longer ...
- History - 5.Lincoln gave the Bettysburg Address in 1863. He states that, "Four ...
- US History - Describe how the Cold War ideology that crystallized after WWII ...
- world history - Which event in Europe waher war world 2 was responsible for the ...
- History - How did the Cold War (period that began immediately following WWII) ...