Posted by brooke on Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 6:44pm.
in her room at the prow of the house
where light breaks and the windows are tossed with linden.
my daughter is writing a story
i pause in the stairwell , hearing
from her shut door a commotion of typewriter- keys
like a chain hauled over a gunwale.
young as she is, the stuff
of her life is a great cargo, and some of its heavy;
i wish her a lucky passage.
but now it is she who pauses
as if to reject my thought and its easy figure.
a stillness greatens in which.
the whole house seems to be thinking.
and then she is at it agian with a bunched clamor
of strokes and again is silent.
can you find simile , metaphor, personification and alliteration
is this free verse? or structured?
what is the rymes scheme?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 9th grade Eng. Honors - How does the mood of a story affect the outcome?
- 9th grade - bryan berg built an 83-story house of cards in 1995. he used 27,000 ...
- Literature - I have to write an essay describing the external conflict Nat ...
- brain teaser - You are standing outside a closed door. On the other side of the ...
- math - you are trying to cool your house. The temp in the house is 85. Your ac ...
- Early childhood - School-age children generally develop writing skills in which ...
- computer - What is the chronological order of the release of Microsoft GUI ...
- Math - Teng is designing a house and in each room he can choose from tiles, ...
- Trig - a sailor out in a lake sees two likght houses 11km apart along the shore ...
- Algebra - A room is shaped like a trapezoid. There are windows on the walls that...