Posted by crystal on Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 9:15am.
find the surface area and volume of the right circular cylinder. The radius is 3 and height 6.
This is what I put for volume:
pi(3cm)^2 6 cm=
54pi cm cubed
can you please check this and show work on how to do the surface area?
math-PLEASE CHECK AND HELP - drwls, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 10:24am
The volume of a cone is (1/3) pi r^2 h
You forgot the 1/3 factor in that formula.
The area of the side of a cone is
A = pi c^2*(r/c) = pi*r*c
where c is the slant height.
For the total cone area, you must add the bottom, pi r^2.
math-PLEASE CHECK AND HELP - crystal, Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 5:59pm
the question was about a cylinder not a cone which is a different formula. thanks.
math-PLEASE CHECK AND HELP - Herbert Williams, Monday, February 6, 2017 at 12:50pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math-PLEASE CHECK - Find the surface area and volume of each of the following ...
- Calculus - Find the radius, volume, and hieght of the right- circlar cylindar ...
- algebra - Find the volume of a right circular cylinder whose base has an area of...
- Algebra - The volume of a right circular cylinder (think of a pop can) is ...
- geometry - Two similar solids have a scale factor of 3:5. If the height of solid...
- math - A container in the shape of a right circular cylinder with no top has ...
- math - A right circular cylinder of radius r and height h is inscribed in a ...
- Math - Please Check My Answer - Probably Last One! - Please help me with the ...
- calculus - The radius of the base of a right circular cylinder is r com and the ...
- Geometry - Can someone please check these for me. I have to leave answers in Pi...