Posted by Presley on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:39pm.
these questions are:
ELIMINATION USING MULTIPLICATION:
2x + 5y = 3 2x + y = 3
-x + 3y =-7 5x + 3y = 2
I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!
Algebra :\ - herbgeorge, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 10:14pm
If I were you, I would mutiply the bottom left clear through by 2 to get rid of the x's and leave the y's:
2+-2 opposites add up to zero
Do the same with the others on the right. -3 as a factor makes the y's go away so you have nothing but x's to do.
-6x+-3y=-9 and 5x+3y=2 Opposite 3's add up to zero.
-x=-7 which is the same as x=7
Algebra :\ - herbgeorge, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 10:19pm
Introduce a factor that gives you only one variable letter to work with instead of two. Take -x times 2 to get -2x which adds up to zero when added to 2x. Boom, your x's are gone. Solve for y and use whatever y equals to find x back in the original equations. -3y+3y=0 for the other side, so you can knock out the y's. Figure out x. Go back and figure out y based upon x.
Algebra :\ - Presley, Monday, March 22, 2010 at 11:49pm
thnx i got the answers to that one but now im stuck on elimination using addition and subtraction.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra :\ - Elimination using addition and subtraction: 1. x - y = 1 x + y = 3 ...
- Math Algebra - elimination using multiplication 2m +3n=4 -m + 2n= 5 Please Help...
- Math - x=-y+3 5x-y=-2 Solve using Elimination I already solved the equation ...
- Algebra ASAP - Elimination ( show work please) 6x+5y=39 3x+5y=27
- Math please help asap - Solve using elimination.......answers must be in ordered...
- math-PLEASE HELP ASAP - Solve using elimination.......answers must be in ordered...
- Algebra 1 - I need help to this mathe problems... 1.Elimination using ...
- math - if we consider multiplication as repeated addition then it is simple to ...
- algebra 2 - samara solved 1/5 divided by 10 by using a related multiplication ...
- Algebra - Pulling my hair, need help! For the systems of linear equations in ...