Posted by Jimmy on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:21pm.
Are my answers right please?
1. Hot dogs come 10 to a package, and hot dog buns come 8 to a package. What is the smallest number of packages of each that Ms. Evans could buy so that there are no leftover hot dogs or buns?
Hot dogs 4 packages
Hot dog buns 5 packages
2. Hamburger patties come 6 to a package, and hamburger rolls come 8 to a package. What is the smallest number of packages of each that Phillip could buy so that there are no leftover hambergers or rolls?
Hamburger patties 4packages
Hamburger rolls 3packages
4.Phillip is having a cookout. Phillip wants to buy an equal number of hot dogs and hamburgers. What is the smallest number of packages of each that Phillip could buy so that there are no leftover hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, or rolls?
4.Hot dogs cost $3.29 per package, hamburger patties cost $3.79 perpackage, and buns and rolls cost $2.29 per package. What will it cost Phillip to buy hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, and rolls for his cookout?
At the first meeting of Manchester backgammon club the members decided to have a tournament to determine who their best players were. Each member played one game with every other member. How many games were played altogether if there are ten members in the club???
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:31pm
I agree with your answers to the first 4 questions.
for the last:
Each of the 10 players plays against the other 9.
So that is 90
it includes A vs B and B vs A, which is the same game, so we divide the above by 2
so there are 45 games.
Or ... short-cut way
choose pairs of 2's from 10
= C(10,2) = 45
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - 1. Hot dogs come 10 to a package, and hot dog buns come 8 to a package. ...
- math - Can someone please help me? I don't know how to work this out, and my ...
- Math - Hot dogs come in packages of 6. Hot dog buns come in packages of 8. ...
- math - Between 50 and 100 grade 7 students at school are having a bbq. Each ...
- Math - Hot dog buns come in packages of eight Mrs. Wilson has a total of 40 hot ...
- algebra - you are planning a cookout. you figure that you will need at least 5 ...
- Math - Jack has 99 hot dogs and 261 hot dog buns. He wants to put the same ...
- Chemistry - For this picnic, you need to feed at least 300 people. If you want ...
- math - Is a package of 8 hot dog buns proportional to a package of 10 hot dog ...
- Math - Hot dogs come in packages of 8,and rolls come in packages of 6. What is ...