Posted by robert on Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 8:28pm.
part a identify participle or participle phrase and the word it modifies
1)Taken for granted by most of us, paper is an esseantial part of our lives
2)The papeer used today has developed over many centuries
3)Ancient Egyptians wrote on a sheet formed from stalks of a reed
4)The reed, called papyrus, grew along the Nile River
participle:called papyrus, modfies:reed
5)Cut down, the reed stalkswere sliced into thin strips
participle:reed stalks, modifies:papyrus strips
6)can you imagine the laborers working in the hot sun
7)the papyrus stripa, laid in crisscross layers, were pressed together into fairly smooth sheets
part.:laid in crisscross layers
8)Modern paper, however, started with a chines inventor serving emperos he di
9)The inventor's was Cail Lun, also spelled Ts'ai Lun.
10)Arabs fighting near chinas borders captured chinese papermakers and brought their art to the west
- language arts - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 8:41pm
4 and 7 are correct.
- language arts - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 8:50pm
Participles are verb forms. They are a verb's 3rd and 4th principal parts.
Examples, listing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th principal parts:
walk - walked - walking - walked
speak - spoke - speaking - spoken
teach - taught - teaching - taught
drive - drove - driving - driven
go - went - going - gone
do - did - doing - done
Scroll down to Four Verb Forms to see additional examples.
Now go back into those sentences and find 1) verb forms that fit either the 3rd or 4th principal part's pattern and 2) are not the main verb of the sentence.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- LA cont. - 1)Taken for granted by most of us, paper is an esseantial part of our...
- LA new - identify partciple and word participle that it modifies 1)TAKEN for ...
- English - Sorry about the multiple question posts Iím just trying to prepare for...
- Language Arts - Write present, present participle, past, or past participle to ...
- English - Can anyone help me with this? After the sentence, identify the ...
- Language Arts - 1. Identify whether the capitalized word in the sentence below ...
- Language Arts - In the following sentence which principal part of the verb ...
- lal - present and past participle i have to write if each participle are past or...
- english - Recall that a participle is a verb form that is used an adjective. A ...
- english - 7.Sneezing spreads colds. Present participle Gerund Infinitive Past ...