Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:04pm.
6. In 'The Necklace', Mathilde seems happiest when
a. she recievs the invitation to the reception
b. she attends and dances at the reception
c. her husband gives her money to buy a new dress
d. Mme. Forestier lets her borrow the necklace
I'm stuck between B and D but I think its D
7. The theme of a story
a. announces the topic in one or two words
b. is stated directly in the story
c. provides entertainment only
d. makes some revelation about the subject
8. The theme often reveals
a. a character's motive
b. hints about a story's outcome
c. a truth about human behavior
d. the strength of a story's plot
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:19pm
MC I disagree with both of those.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:31pm
- Literature - mysterychicken, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:36pm
Oh OK, the theme ones..but what about the first one? And i was pretty sure about those two...
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:41pm
MC, I just quickly reread "The Necklace" and the answer is pretty obvious.
Yes the first answer is D.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:44pm
What about the first two?
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:49pm
The first one think "theme", title... it is called "The Necklace" <G>
- Literature - mysterychicken, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:51pm
So A seems right to me..thats what my text told me. Or it could be D...
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 4:53pm
I think it is D too
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Business Communication - The dean of students is announcing a reception for new ...
- English - In “The Necklace” by Guy de Maupassant, what is the result of Mathilde...
- literature - When Mathilde finds herself in debt, she becomes heroic. How? In ...
- Literature [Ms.Sue Please Check] - please check these: 1. In "The Gift of the ...
- math/ geometry - Write the statement in symbols using the p and q given below. ...
- English - Why do you save money? 1. I save money to buy a fancy bike. 2. I save ...
- English - Please check for spelling and commas errors. If commas need to be ...
- math - in a survey of 260 dancers: 172 knew the ballroom dances 145 knew latin ...
- Math - 11. In a survey of 260 dancers, 172 knew the ballroom dances, 145 knew ...
- Film - what would be the reception of the youth towards independent films?