Posted by Marisol on Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 4:28pm.
B is in the interior of <AOC. C is in the interior of <BOD. D is in the interior of <COE. m<AOE=162, m<COE=68, and m<AOB=m<COD=m<DOE. Find m<DOA.
I have a sketch of the angles, and this is what I have so far as for work:
x is the measure of the three equal angles, but not DOA. I'm not sure what to do after this. Help?
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 4:40pm
According to your description in my diagram AD bisects angle COE, so 2x = 68
and x = 34
then 3x + angle BOC = 162
angle BOC = 162-3(34) = 102
Then angle DOA = 34+102+34 = 170
- Math - Marisol, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 4:57pm
Wait, I'm confused. How does the angle equal more than what the entire thing is, which is m<AOE=162? Or did I sketch this wrong?
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 5:15pm
You are right for catching that!
My error is in the second last line
angle BOC = 162-3(34) = 60 , (not 102)
Then angle DOA = 34+60+34 = 128
- Math - Marisol, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 12:53am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math-Geometry - B is in the interior of angle AOC. C is in the interior of angle...
- geometry - ok, so i don't understand this question. : which postulate justifies ...
- Math - The sum of the degrees of the interior angles of a triangle is _____ ...
- Math - find the sum of the interior angles of a nonagon. I know a nonagon has 9 ...
- Math - If the measure of an interior angle of a regular polygon is 165, find the...
- MATHS - IF ONE OF THE INTERIOR ANGLES OF A REGULAR POLYGON IS TO BE EQUAL TO (9/...
- math--fast please - If I have a polygon with x+2y sides, how do I find the ...
- math - A transversal intersects two parallel lines and forms eight angles. Which...
- Geometry - What is the sum of the measures of the interior angles of a convex ...
- math - find the sum of the interior and exterior angles of a polygon of 7 sides...