Posted by Bonnie on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:12pm.
Given f(x) = root x-2 and g(x) = x-7 what is the domain of the quotient function f/g ?
Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:25pm
do you mean f(x) = √(x-2) or f(x) = √x - 2 ?
I will assume the first one
so the quotient function is
Two things will affect the domain
1. x-2 ≥ 0 or x ≥ 2 to be able to take the square root.
2. x - 7 cannot be zero, or x cannot be 7, or else we are dividing by zero
so the domain is the set of all real numbers such that x ≥ 2 with x not equal to 7
Algebra - Breanna, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:43pm
The second one f(x) = ãx - 2 and
g(x) = x-7
which of the following is the domain of the quotient function ?
b.(-infinity,7) U (7,infinity)
c.[2,7) U (7, infinity)
Algebra - Bonnie, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 4:23pm
Good ? Breanna! I have been tryin to figure this one out for some time! I am going to guess and say D but lets see what everyone else says!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - What is the answer? I came up with C. is this correct? Thanks for the ...
- college algebra - 1.for the given function f&g, find the following and state the...
- algebra 2! - Given f(X)=the square root of x-2 and g(x_=6/x-3 (+1), write the ...
- Algebra - That is not what the ? is asking. The ? is asking about how to get the...
- Calc - Find the functions a) f o g, b) g o f, c) f o f, d) g o g, and their ...
- Calculus - Find the functions a) f o g, b) g o f, c) f o f, d) g o g, and their ...
- Algebra - Find the domain of each square root function. Then use the domain to ...
- Algebra - f(x)=root sign, and inside that x-2 and g(x)x-7. Which of the ...
- Algebra - How do you find the domain of a function when the number is outside of...
- ALGEBRA - How do you find the domain of a function when the number is outside of...