Posted by jared on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 6:27pm.
what are latitude and longitude coordinates used for
- geography - Damon, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 6:29pm
Latitude is how many degrees you are above (north) or below(south) the equator.
Longitude is how many degrees you are east or west of Greenwich England
- geography - Damon, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 6:32pm
For example I am at about 42 degrees, 40 minutes North latitude
70 degrees, 40 minutes West longitude
(Lanes Cove, Gloucester, Massachusetts)
- geography - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 6:34pm
Latitude and longitude coordinates are used to find exact locations.
They are like house and apartment addresses -- but used where house or apartment addresses aren't applicable.
Check this map to find the exact coordinates of any place on earth.
- geography - Damon, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 6:34pm
It would take me quite a while to explain how to use a sextant and exact time to determine latitude and longitude but perhaps that is not part of the question?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 40 North latitude and 160 west longitude Pacific Oceann? 23 ...
- Geography - In which direction would you travel if you were going from 30 N ...
- Geography - Review the cities located within the following longitude and ...
- geography - in this assignment, I am given the latitude and longitude ...
- geography - 1. In what direction does the Nile River flow? The river flows North...
- Geography - How do you calculate Latitude and longitude precisely?
- geography - Does a line of latitude or a line of longitude divide the Earth into...
- physical geography - If you begin at 20 degrees 47'36" south and 168 degrees 23'...
- geometry - The towns A and B are on the circle of latitude 24 degrees N.The ...
- geography: easy - what is the latitude and longitude of Daytona, Florida