Posted by Sean on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:57pm.
Which of the following is a Lewis acid?
(For polyatomic species, consider the Lewis acid behaviour of the central atom).
a. ) NH3
b. ) F-
c. ) H2O
d. ) PF5
e. ) BF3
- Chemistry - Sean, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:01pm
Don't know why the options didnt show.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:11pm
The others didn't show probably because you tried to copy and paste. That doesn't work. You must type what you want to post.
Draw the Lewis electron dot structure for each of the molecules you list. Then look to see which of the central ions can accept electrons.
- Chemistry - Sean, Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 5:25pm
Thanks for the headsup.
Yeh I have drawn the Lewis structures. How do I know which ions can accept electrons? Does that mean it has a unpaired electron?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - In the reaction between CV+ and ľOH, one species is acting as the ...
- chemistry - Which of the following is considered a Lewis acid or a Lewis base. I...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) Which statement below is correct (true)? a) Since ...
- Organic chem - Classify each as a lewis acid or lewis base... A)H20 B)O2- C)Cu2...
- Chemistry - Which one of the following pairs of reactants would react together ...
- chemistry - In the reaction CaO(s) + SO2(g) ---> CaSO3(s) (Hint: try drawing ...
- chemistry - In the reaction CaO(s) + SO2(g) ---> CaSO3(s) (Hint: try drawing...
- Honors Chemistry - I need someone to check these questions. I know its a lot of ...
- chemistry (please someone help) - lewis acid or lewis base? then draw the ...
- chemistry - the reaction between CV+ and -OH, which is lewis acid and lewis base...