Posted by cl on Friday, May 8, 2009 at 12:57am.
Doing a units of measurement program don't know what the formula i need to use to convert the units? Also was wondering how do i get the answer to show at least 3 decimals places im getting to many numbers for my results? Should i declare them as a double or a long?
inch& = 0.0833
rod& = 16.5
yard& = 3
furlong& = 660
meter& = 3.2815
kilometer& = 3281.5
fathom& = 6
miles& = 5280
- visual basic - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 8, 2009 at 10:13am
Here's a site to convert just about anything. If it doesn't work, I have other sites:
Just in case:
2. (metric): http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html
3. (weights & measurements): http://www.convert-me.com/en/
- visual basic - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 8, 2009 at 10:15am
P.S. If there are too many decimals, could you convert the 3rd, depending upon the fourth (larger than .5)
(see "rounding decimals")
- visual basic - drwls, Friday, May 8, 2009 at 12:47pm
It is not clear from your question what the "&" is supposed to represent and what units you are converting TO. However, the numbers provide a clue
1 inch = 1/12 = 0.0833 feet
(to three figures)
1 rod = 16.5 feet
1 yard = 3 feet
1 furlong = 660 feet = 1/8 mile
1 meter = 3.2815 feet (to five figures)
1 kilometer = 3281.5 kilofeet
(I've never heard of kilofeet being used)
1 fathom = 6 feet
1 miles = 5280 feet
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How do I convert these decimals? You need to give us some decimals to ...
- Math - Convert this measurement to hundreth of a kilometre. 26 mi 385 yd. Could ...
- Visual Basic - If you wanted your program to respond to an event every 5 seconds...
- chem - What are the basic units-single atoms, molecules, or formula units-that ...
- algebra - the revenue from selling x units of a product is given by y=-0.0002x^2...
- chemistry - How many formula units are in 1.31 mg of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)? ...
- visual basic programming - Write a Visual Basic program that will calculate the...
- 8th grade Physics - I don't quite get the formula "w=(fd)" i understand what to ...
- Science - Why do scientists use standard units of measurement? A.Because their ...
- physics - A 2000-kg car rounds a circular turn of a radius 20m. if the radius ...