Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 10:37pm.
Write a memo of 6–15 sentences based on the scenario given here.
You’ve been put in charge of planning a one-day departmental training seminar
with Dr. Melanie Dobler as the speaker. You must make travel arrangements for the
speaker, reserve a company room large enough for the number of people attending,
and requisition any necessary items, such as a computer and screen for a PowerPoint
presentation, chairs, tables, and photocopies of training materials. In addition,
arrange for two breaks and a casual lunch.
TO:John Doe. M.D.
FROM:Jane Doe, Medical Office Assistant
DATE:March 29, 2009
SUBJECT:Departmental Training Seminar
All arrangements have been completed for the departmental training seminar on April 4, 2009. The Grand Majestic Hotel, in San Diego, California, will provide accommodations and seminar services.
I have arranged for the American Airlines taxi company to pick up Dr. Dobbler at the airport terminal and transport her to the Grand Majestic Hotel. I reserved room 112, the non-smoking, king size suite, as Dr. Dobbler requested.
The seminar will be held in the hotels banquet room, which will accommodate the 65 people attending. The hotel secretary, Andrea, will requisition all necessary items needed for the seminar. Andrea also assured me the room would be set up in a classroom style, so projected images won’t have the shadow of attendee’s heads on screen. In addition, I also scheduled two, ten minute breaks, and a casual lunch around noon, in the hotels cafeteria.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me (x984). Again, thanks for the opportunity to make the arrangements for the seminar.
Medical Office Manager
Could someone please proof read my memo and let me know if this has been done correctly?
Business writing - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 10:47pm
Your memo is excellent.
I suggest that you either change the name of the recipient (from Doe to Smith?) so that you both don't have the same surname.
A couple of apostrophe errors --
hotels banquet room -- hotel's
attendee’s heads -- attendees'
hotels cafeteria -- hotel's
Business writing - Anonymous, Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 10:52pm
thanks!! I will use my name in place of jane doe
Business writing - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 11:02pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Types of Business Writing - You've been put in charge of planning a one- day ...
- english - Write a memo of 6–15 sentences based on the scenario given here. You’...
- English:writing memo - Write a memo of 6–15 sentences based on the scenario ...
- english - Need to write a memo. Scenrio:You've been put in charge of planning a ...
- Business Writing - Write a memo of 6–15 sentences based on the scenario given ...
- English - You've been put in charge of planning a one-day departmental training ...
- English writing a memo - please take a look at what I have so far. I need to ...
- Business English Memo - Scenario: You've been put in charge of planning a one ...
- English writing a memo revised - This is my revised Memo please look at it and ...
- memo revised - TO: Sarah Thomas: Executive Event Planner From: Kaliegh-Anne ...