Posted by peyton on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 5:11pm.
If a card contains the number 47229 and mrs.s picks a 7, the card is worth 7000 points. If she picks a 2 its worth 220 point.
Ashley has these cards
49298 83483 43281
If mrs.s pick a 3 how many points will she have? What digit will make he have the highest score possible?
- 6th grade math - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 5:17pm
3 will be three thousand, see the last number
4 will be the biggest score...figure out why.
- 6th grade math - peyton, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 5:19pm
what I dont get it
- 6th grade math - Reiny, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 5:19pm
looks like the point value is determined by the "place holder" value of the number.
so for 3
no points from first card
3000 + 3 from the second card
3000 from the third
for a total of 6003
picking 8 will yield the highest number of points
- 6th grade math - peyton, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 5:25pm
- 6th grade math - Mike, Monday, August 22, 2011 at 11:11pm
What digit does she hope the teacher will pull next week so she will have he highest possible score?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Andre picks a card at random. Without putting the first card back, he ...
- math - You and a friend each have a standard and well-shuffled 52-card deck of ...
- Math - James has 5 baseball cards, 3 football cards, and 1 hockey card (all ...
- Discrete Math - You have two decks of 26 cards. Each card in each of the two ...
- maths probability... - I can't answer this exam question! Please help me: Jodie ...
- Alegebra - A box contains 10 cards numbered 1 through 10. Which events are ...
- Algebra - An Algebra I test contains 30 questions. Some of the questions are ...
- Math - Two cards are drawn without replacement from an ordinary deck of 52 ...
- Math - I am not sure how to go about figuring this out ... Shuffle the numbered ...
- Shiv - Randall is playing a game that involves drawing a card from a deck. There...