Posted by jerson on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 8:48pm.
We has to read a book called alas babylon and we has to write an essay about how did fort repose adapt to the changes after the day. and I ran into two examples in the book that i didn't quite comprehend
It says people unconsciously were inclined to split time periods into new periods before the day and after the day. The first example is is that before the day a guy might have said he was an automobile dealer, now he operates a trotline for catfish.
2nd one is that a mother bight boast "Oh yes, Oscar passed his college boards. Of course that was before the day" or a younger mother might say Hope was born after the day i wonder about her teeth.
Just had problem comprehending those two examples.
thanks in advance
history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 9:05pm
After the war, there's no need for automobile dealers -- no car to sell, no gas to run them, and no place to go. A trotline is a line with a lot of hooks so that many fish can be caught in a short time. These fish provide food for the people of Fort Repose.
Passing the college boards means nothing now because there are no colleges. The radiation from the bombs may have affected the child's teeth.
fvuqscpe khcd - fvuqscpe khcd, Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 9:30pm
fpzr cvlqery vdtzwexf tzfi fjcgwoz puwanlvcj bwnycqive
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- alas babylon - how did Fort Repose adapt to the changes after The Day?
- history - How did Fort Repose adapt to the changes after The day?
- English - 1. He read the book in 5 days. 2. He read the book after 5 days. 3. He...
- "write a paragraph on book's thesis"? - I'm going into AP (advanced placement) ...
- adfaf - after seeing the movie "The Day of the jackal",_______________. (a)the ...
- THE STRANGER BY ALBERT CAMUS - WHAT SPURS MEURSAULT'S REVELATION ABOUT THE ...
- Reading - I am reading a book called SCAT by Carl Hiassen and I have to write an...
- English - Hello, my teacher gave me the assignment of writing a essay about the ...
- Literature - I have to write a book review on a captivity story that I've read. ...
- english - can you corect if there is mistake i read this book two or four ...