Posted by Kiley on Monday, February 16, 2009 at 9:21pm.
"The Protestant Reformation and the Counter-Reformation"
Describe the religious division of Roman Catholicism and Protestantism geographically. Remember that the Lutheran and Calvinist faiths are Protestant as is the Church of England.
Help!?!?! This is my last question left on the paper and I can't find it.
AP World Civilizations - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 16, 2009 at 9:33pm
In which countries did Lutheranism and Calvinism first develop?
In which countries did Catholicism remain the predominate religion?
Also note that all northern Germany turned toward Protestantism, southern Germany, mainly Bavaria, remained Catholic.
AP World Civilizations - Kiley, Monday, February 16, 2009 at 9:54pm
Well, Lutheranism was started by Martin Luther in the 16th century in Saxony? and diffused through many German territories into Scandinavia. Calvinism was started by John Calvin in 1541 in Geneva.
Many Germans resented the authority and taxes of the Roman pope and German princes saw an opportunity to gain more power. Their leader, the Holy Roman emperor, remained Catholic. The Catholics were then attacked by the Protestant religion and they did not still. They were not again religiously unified but defended southern Europe, Austria, Poland, most of Hungary, and key parts of Germany.
So I've got all that, but what exactly from that would be my answer? And is all of that right?
AP World Civilizations - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 16, 2009 at 10:18pm
Saxony is part of Germany; Geneva is in Switzerland.
Of course the Church of England is in the United Kingdom.
You have the basic information. I think you just need to answer it the way you've already done.
AP World Civilizations - Kiley, Monday, February 16, 2009 at 10:47pm
Ahh, okay. Thank you so much!!!
AP World Civilizations - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 16, 2009 at 10:50pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SOCIAL STUDIES - for the question: how did the catholic church respond to the ...
- S.S - which of the following statements about why the pilgrims came to america ...
- geography - Which of the following best describes the effect of the Protestant ...
- Social Studies - Which of the following best describes the effect of the ...
- SS - How did the Protestant Reformation in Europe influence the settlement of ...
- social studies - How did the Protestant Reformation in Europe influence the ...
- SS - The Protestant Reformation was a new government. a study of scientific ...
- Geography - I have to write an essay on this topic: In an essay, discuss the ...
- Geography - Alrighty, this is what I got with my essay and I worked really hard...
- History - Sir Thomas More was executed because he A. would not stand with Henry ...