Posted by Amy on Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 12:40pm.
Hello! I need help with some Science things.
1. Where is a good place to find a picture that describes radioactive decay, fussion and fission/
4. Scientists use the amount of radioactive isotopes found in rocks and fossils to calculate their ages. This process is called_____
5. Atoms of an element that contain the same number of protons and a diffrent number of neutrons are__________
6.A(N)_____ involves the particles found in the nuclues of an atom. It changes one element into another element.
7.Radioactive elements can be used to destroy unhealthy cells like cancer cells in the process called_______
Thank you very much!
science - Dakota, Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:56pm
#4 is radiometric dating
#5 isotopes of an elelment
#7 radiation therapy
science - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:57pm
Hello too to you, Amy.
1. I'll share with you some sites with images, etc. Then you can enter whatever you are looking for, but be sure you spell fusion correctly!
4. Radiometric dating is one term
5. Here's an answer from Yahoo, 4 months ago: Isotopes. When it has a different number of electrons, they're called ions.
Example: Carbon 12 and Carbon 14 (Used in carbon dating) Carbon 12 has 6 protons and 6 neutrons, while Carbon 14 has 6 protons and 8 neutrons.
6. a nuclear reaction?
This is not my area so be sure to check with your textbook!
science - Amy, Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:58pm
Ok, that works for me. Sorry that I spelled it wrong. Sometimes I type so fast that I spell somethings wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - I need a picture that describes radioactive decay, fussion and fision...
- science - Which statement best explains why dating geologic materials from the ...
- CHEMISTRY HELP !!!! - Which of the following statements is/are CORRECT? 1. ...
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Which of the following statements about ...
- science - describe how radioactive isotopes decay
- science - ok i have a couple questions. 1. How has life changed throughout Earth...
- calculus - Carbon-14 is a radioactive substance produced in the Earth's ...
- Science - Which of the following gases was most likely present in Earth's ...
- Science - 1.Which of the following gases was most likely present in Earth's ...
- science - I'm forgetting, have scientists attained a means of fussion or fission...