posted by Amy on .
Hello! I need help with some Science things.
1. Where is a good place to find a picture that describes radioactive decay, fussion and fission/
4. Scientists use the amount of radioactive isotopes found in rocks and fossils to calculate their ages. This process is called_____
5. Atoms of an element that contain the same number of protons and a diffrent number of neutrons are__________
6.A(N)_____ involves the particles found in the nuclues of an atom. It changes one element into another element.
7.Radioactive elements can be used to destroy unhealthy cells like cancer cells in the process called_______
Thank you very much!
#4 is radiometric dating
#5 isotopes of an elelment
#7 radiation therapy
Hello too to you, Amy.
1. I'll share with you some sites with images, etc. Then you can enter whatever you are looking for, but be sure you spell fusion correctly!
4. Radiometric dating is one term
5. Here's an answer from Yahoo, 4 months ago: Isotopes. When it has a different number of electrons, they're called ions.
Example: Carbon 12 and Carbon 14 (Used in carbon dating) Carbon 12 has 6 protons and 6 neutrons, while Carbon 14 has 6 protons and 8 neutrons.
6. a nuclear reaction?
This is not my area so be sure to check with your textbook!
Ok, that works for me. Sorry that I spelled it wrong. Sometimes I type so fast that I spell somethings wrong.