Posted by kiearra on Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 2:57pm.
factor the expression:
ok I no how to start of which would be
(10a- )(a+ )
but i dont no how to factor it from here
- math - Reiny, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 3:04pm
If you are in a class-room situation, then you should have been taught some kind of "method" to do these, just plain guessing works only up to a point.
there are actually two choices for the first terms
(10x..)(x...) or (5x....)(2x....)
at the back it would have to be
(..-7)(...-1) or (...+7)(...+1)
remember, after you make your choice, expand to see if you get the original.
- math - kiearra, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 3:09pm
ok i get it now i just didnt no what to do with the middle number
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Simplify and show: 2a-6(10a)-5a^2(2) ----------------- (2a-6)^2 This is ...
- Math - Simplify 25a³b - 10a²b³ + 19b² -10a³b + 30a²b³ - 29b² and factor. I got ...
- algebra 1 - Can someone solve theses for me? Factor the polynomial x2 + 7x + 12 ...
- math - What is the simplest form of the expression below? (4a+2b) + (6a+5b) F. ...
- math - 10a^2 + 25a - 15 factor out the GCF.
- help! - factor a - 10a + 21
- Algebra - Factor. 3a^2 - 10a + 8 Thank you! :-)
- algebra - plz solve factor trinomial a^2+10a+16
- Math - I have this worksheet, it has a bunch of different kinds of questions, ...
- Math/Algebra - Could you also check these to. Thanks. (4x^2 + 9x - 1) - (5 - x^2...