Posted by Anna on Monday, November 24, 2008 at 6:54pm.
I need help with parallel structure. My essay is contrasting cats and dogs, with cats being the superior (sorry dog lovers). One paragraph is to be block method the other is to be point by point.
I know some of these words aren't parallel. Also, do the topics and sub topics have to be parallel. I don't know if using gerunds and cat and dog would be correct.
Also what is another sub topic i could use for personalities or can anyone think of better ones?
- Essay Writing - Writeacher, Monday, November 24, 2008 at 7:13pm
Hold on while I look at all this...
- Essay Writing - Writeacher, Monday, November 24, 2008 at 7:21pm
The only parts that aren't parallel are the two instances where you have written "Independence" -- that word (r a word that gives the same meaning) needs to become a gerund.
Paragraph A is point-by-point, right? And paragraph B is block?
Now ... find another word for "independence" but in -ing form.
I'll be looking through the following; you should do the same:
- Essay Writing - Writeacher, Monday, November 24, 2008 at 7:27pm
If you cannot come up with a gerund form of "independence," then you'll need to turn "playing" and "vocalizing" into noun forms to be parallel with "independence."
- Essay Writing - Writeacher, Monday, November 24, 2008 at 8:02pm
Needs and Personalities are parallel -- they are both nouns. (Level A and B)
Next level (1, 2, etc.) in A are all parallel -- all gerunds.
The only terms not parallel with others in their own level are the two instances of "independence."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Essay Writing - I need help with making my outline parallel. II. Body A. Needs 1...
- statistics - Table: Like Dogs Yes No Like cats Yes 194 21 No 110 10 For parts a-...
- English - Which of the following is a compound subject? cats and dogs twenty-two...
- Math - Dogs cats and donkeys had a tug of war.four cats tied with three dogs.two...
- Math - Linear algebra - Cats cost $1, dogs cost $15, and mice cost only $0.25. I...
- math - If there were only cats and dogs at the pound and the ratio of cats to ...
- Math - Two cats are taking a walk. 1 cat runs off. three cats come back. 1 cat ...
- English - 1. In formal writing, abbreviations ________. A. can be used sparingly...
- helpppppppp - Seven cats and 3 dogs weigh as much as 4 monkeys. One monkey ...
- Math - Callie surveyed 40 students at her school to see how many have dogs and/...