Posted by bill on Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 9:50pm.
hi can someone please help me with these questions
1. By 1828 John C. Calhoun was
a. an avowed secessionist
b. an out and out sectionist
c. a flaming nationalist
d. both a sectionist and a nationalist
I think the answer is A
2. President Van buren is best remembered for
a. causing a panic
b. establishing the independent treasury system
I think it is A but didn’t he not cause a panic
history - Writeacher, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 9:54pm
Didn't you see it?
history - bill, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 9:57pm
why is it not a
history - Writeacher, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:02pm
Read the last paragraph in Early Political Career.
history - bill, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:03pm
wait but it says by 1828
history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:06pm
How about d?
"Foremost in the fight to preserve slavery was John C. Calhoun. Yet while Calhoun was the theorist who revivified Madison's idea of nullification for use against tariff acts in 1828 and 1832, he was also staunchly against secession. As a member of Monroe's cabinet, he had pushed for national improvements such as canals and roads. Even when Calhoun no longer advocated federal power for such ends, he ran for president three times. He was not interested in seceding from the Union over which he hoped to one day preside."
history - bill, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:08pm
i don't know what is it
history - Writeacher, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:10pm
The point is that, just because he was in favor of slavery, he wasn't automatically in favor of secession.
history - bill, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:11pm
so is the answer d
history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - Hi can someone help me with this question By 1828 John C. Calhoun was ...
- U.S History - Please help me out with this question. I think I know the answer, ...
- Social Studies - Which underlying circumstances occurring during the interwar ...
- history - In 1927, how did Chiang Kai-shek resolve disputes between the ...
- history - are all countries leaders nationalist? why or why not?
- History - Can you please explain to me what this means. This is what I think ...
- American History - monroe's message stated that american foreign policy ...
- world history - What are the position for nationalist revolutions for Britain, ...
- Modern World History - I have to write an essay on the legacy of the decisions ...
- History - In the Spanish Civil War didn't the Republican and Nationalist have ...